Tubach Frederic C., 1969. Index exemplorum. A Handbook of medieval religious tales, Helsinki.:
- #1182 : Confession once a year. A priest who confesses only once a year has a vision of his judgment day. Klapper, Erz. # 191. (© Frederic C. Tubach)
- #1745 : Dominicans, hidden among. A man has a vision of judgment in which he escapes punishment by hiding himself among the Dominicans; he joins their order and dies twenty five years later. H493 # 185, H527 # 109. (© Frederic C. Tubach)
- #2659 : Host given by Christ. A man received the Host from Christ (angel, Virgin) when he was refused the sacrament because he had killed a kinsman. Aev. # 77, cf. # 23; Alpha # 160, # 240; CHeist-IX #35, CHeist-IX #36;, 38; libri8-III #45; H362 # 143, H363 # 144, H367 # 44, H546 # 88, H613 # 92; cf. Pauli # 129; Klapper, Erz. # 134; Recull. # 132, # 368; S.T.: V32.– Jacob’s Well, p. 95 # 27; VitaePatrum 74, VitaePatrum 74 . (© Frederic C. Tubach)
- #2857 : Judgment, archdeacon’s vision of. One of two hard drinking archbishops has a vision of his friend’s judgment and condemnation to hell and of his own narrow escape through the intercession of St. Francis. Next day, he learns that his friend died during the night. H693 # 7. (© Frederic C. Tubach)
- #2859 : Judgment of Cambyses. A corrupt judge is flayed and his skin is hung on the judge’s scat. Alpha # 407; Enx (G) # 153; Gesta (l) # 64; Gesta (O) # 29; H232 # 25, H417 # 34; Katona # 29; Pauli # 118; Recull # 354; Tab. Ex. # 115; Violier # 28.– Crane, Proc. Am. Phil. Soc. 21.54; Toldo, Archiv. CXVII, p. 301. (© Frederic C. Tubach)
- #2860 : Judgment of count and prelate. A vision in which a count and his prelate are judged. Alpha # 216; EdeB # 48; H98 # 53, H432 # 28; Recull # 184. (© Frederic C. Tubach)
- #2861 : Judgment of impious youth. While sleeping, an impious youth saw himself brought to judgment. He awoke with grey hair. Pelbart # 207. (© Frederic C. Tubach)
- #2862 : Judgment of lawyer, appealed. A vision in which a lawyer was judged; he was condemned by God the Father and God the Son, but was advised to appeal to God the Holy Ghost. H133 # 115; H154 # 90, H575 # 23. (© Frederic C. Tubach)
- #2864 : Judgment, vision of at Tours. A man at Tours has a vision of judgment in which the archbishop is denounced by St. Martin and his throne is overturned by God. Alpha # 305; EdB # 47; H97 # 47, H434 # 44; Spec. Laic. # 477; Recull # 263. (© Frederic C. Tubach)
- #3727 : Peter Toller’s conversion. In a vision ofjudgment, Peter the toll collector is saved because he once threw a loaf of bread at a beggar (even though it was done in anger). He henceforth led a saintly life. (See also: 171). Alpha # 296, # 297; H180 # 7, H281 # 31, H310 # 31, H326 # 23, H328 # 5, H331 # 4, H335 # 15, H473 # 28, H544 # 46, H562 # 37, H565 # 87, H641 # 28, H653 # 75, H678 # 27, H717 # 18; Klapper, Erz. # 131; Lib. Ex. # 125; Recull # 254, # 255; S.T.: Q42.3.– Arnould, Péchés, 150ff. # 31; Jacob’s Well # 50; VitaePatrum . (© Frederic C. Tubach)
- #5136 ((visions of judgment)) : Virgin, Blessed, saves denounced monk. A wanton monk has a vision of his final judgment in which he is denounced three times but is saved by the Virgin after the third denunciation. H675 # 11. (© Frederic C. Tubach)
- #57131 : Details for this Tubach reference were not found in catalogue.Les détails pour cette références à Tubach n’ont pas été trouvés dans son index.Details zu dieser Tubach-Referenz wurden im Katalog nicht gefunden.I dettagli per questo riferimento a Tubach non sono stati trovati in questo repertorio.Los detalles de esta referencia de Tubach no se encontraron en el catálogo.
- #584 : Benedictine persecutes Franciscans. A Benedictine abbot persecutes the Franciscans until he has a vision of his judgment in which two Franciscans save him from damnation; he joins their order. H634 # 96. (© Frederic C. Tubach)
- #600 : Bernard, St., at judgment. St. Bernard has a vision of his judgment in which he answers the devil’s charges by pleading the merits of Christ’s passion. H180 # 15; Pelbart # 357. (© Frederic C. Tubach)
- #847 : Candle given by Virgin. A wife prays for her husband’s conversion. In a vision the latter sees himself judged and damned. When the Virgin Mary gives him a wax candle with which to defend himself, he is converted. Klapper, Erz. # 64. (© Frederic C. Tubach)
- BHG 1449c
- Manuscripts / editionsManuscrits / éditionsManuskripte / AuflagenManoscritti / edizioniManuscritos / ediciones:
- Les récits édifiants de Paul, évêque de Monembasie, et d’autres auteurs, Introduction et texte par John Wortley, Paris, Editions du CNRS, 1987, p. 36-41.
Download this exemplum asTélécharger le fichier de cet exemplum au formatLaden Sie die Datei dieses Exemplums im FormatScarica questo exemplum comeDescargue este documento en formato:
Les exempla du ThEMA sont mis à disposition selon les termes de la Licence Creative Commons Attribution - Pas d’Utilisation Commerciale - Partage dans les Mêmes Conditions 4.0 International.ThEMA exempla are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.ThEMA exempla werden unter der Creative Commons Namensnennung - Nicht-kommerziell - Weitergabe unter gleichen Bedingungen 4.0 International Lizenz.Las exempla de ThEMA están puestas a disposición en el marco de la Licencia Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-CompartirIgual 4.0 Internacional.Gli exempla del ThEMA sono messi a disposizione secondo i termini della Licenza Creative Commons Attribuzione - Non commerciale - Condividi allo stesso modo 4.0 Internazionale.